Click the 4 arrows button in the bottom right corner to make the video full screen 🙂
**Please note: this is a sneak peak of the 12 Days of Christmas Design Extravaganza I just added to our lifetime membership. To learn more about our membership, register for our free training today!**
I recommend cutting this out of chipboard or balsa/basswood. Here are the supplies and settings I recommend. Unfortunately, Silhouette does not do a great job of cutting these thicker materials but if you have a Silhouette and have found cut settings and materials that work for this project please share in the comments!
Make sure to use a strong grip mat on any of these materials and tape down the material to further secure it for a better cut.
Post contains affiliate links for supplies that may provide me a very small commission at no added cost to you!
- Cricut Chipboard (2mm): use knife blade and default chipboard settings (should have Cricut logo next to the cut setting indicating that it is a Cricut material)
- If you don’t have a knife blade or struggle with using it, you can use the medium weight chipboard option and cut settings directly below.
- Medium Weight Chipboard: Custom – 350 pressure, 7x, using deep point blade
- This is what I use because it’s very inexpensive and I find that the deep point blade works best for this because it’s quick and the knife blade occasionally gets stuck in the corner of the inside notches of the design.
- Cricut Basswood (1/16″): use knife blade and default basswood settings (should have Cricut logo next to the cut setting indicating that it is a Cricut material)
- If you don’t have a knife blade or struggle with using it, you can test the Cricut Explore balsa and basswood settings below using the deep point blade but make sure to use the 1/32″ thickness only
Cricut Explore Series:
- Medium Weight Chipboard: Custom – 350 pressure, 7x, using deep point blade. (this is the material and setting I used – see above)
- Balsa wood, 1/32″*: Custom – 167 pressure, 5-7x, deep point blade
- Basswood, 1/32″*: Custom – 350 pressure, 5x, deep point blade
- *only use 1/32″ thickness of balsa/basswood and keep in mind that the results are more inconsistent and may require multiple tries
Get access to our Free SVG Library!
Sign up & get the secret password sent to your inbox!